Problems with install.

Keith Sloan

Jun 13, 2019, 11:16:14 AM6/13/19
to astroML-general
I try and run conda install astroML and get
conda install astroML
Collecting package metadata: done
Solving environment: failed

PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:

  - astroml

Current channels:

  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/linux-64
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/noarch
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/free/linux-64
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/free/noarch
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/linux-64
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/noarch

To search for alternate channels that may provide the conda package you're
looking for, navigate to

Brigitta Sipocz

Jun 13, 2019, 12:15:26 PM6/13/19
to Keith Sloan, astroML-general
Hi Keith,

astroML is not distributed in the default channels (curated by the
company Anaconda). Please try either to install it using either the
"astropy" or "conda-forge" channels:

conda install -c astropy astroML

Cheers,
Brigitta

Brigitta Sipocz

Jun 13, 2019, 1:20:00 PM6/13/19
to keith, astroML-general
> The fact that Anaconda does not distribute AstroML as default does that
> mean there is a better package
> that I should be using.

No, anaconda only ships a very limited subset of all python packages,
not being included is not a value judgement. Most of those included
are very generic and have a wide user base. As far as I'm aware
astropy is the only astronomy related package that is being included,
and indeed it is used by a wide variety of people even beyond
astronomy.

Brigitta