solve-field for central part of the image

Jerry Zhang

May 30, 2022, 6:18:49 PMMay 30
to astrometry
Hi,

Because my image have strong aberration and blurring due to dithering pattern at the edge, I would like to only use the central part of the image to do the solve-field. Is there any parameter to adjust in the code that I can achieve that without cutting my images before, because I still wants to keep the information at the edge?  (not only central but general parameter to determine the solving field is welcomed)   Thank you!

Here is an example: the source extraction picked up many fake objects at the edge...
Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 11.17.25 PM.png

Best,
Jerry

Dustin Lang

May 31, 2022, 10:39:39 AMMay 31
to Jerry Zhang, astrometry
No, I'm afraid there is not an option to do that yet.  There's an issue requesting it as a feature, https://github.com/dstndstn/astrometry.net/issues/206
But no progress on implementing it!

Toni Šarić

Jun 7, 2022, 8:16:44 AMJun 7
to astrometry
You can save the information of the original image, then cut out the outer parts, solve field only on the central region, and then create new .fits with the originaly saved data and .wcs that you acquired with solving only central part.