Solution in J2000. JNOW possible?

Toni Šarić

Jul 8, 2022, 8:43:25 AM7/8/22
to astrometry
Hi,
I know Astrometry.net uses star J2000 RADec coordinates in index files(42** and 41**), therefore a solution is also in J2000.
I want to know if it is possible to transform the whole solution, .wcs file(RA&Dec of every pixel in the image) as well as .newfits from J2000 to JNow?

BR
Toni

Dustin Lang

Jul 11, 2022, 8:13:51 AM7/11/22
to Toni Šarić, astrometry
Astrometry.net doesn't have anything to do that.  Other folks here might have tips or tools they use.
cheers,
dustin

Eric SIBERT

Jul 11, 2022, 9:55:11 AM7/11/22
to astro...@googlegroups.com
I think I implemented such calculation for my own utilities using local AN :

https://eric.sibert.fr/Utilitaires-pour-astrometry-net.html
(sorry, my website is nearly broken).
I should be able to find the source code (Pascal).

I think I use the following book:

https://boutique.saf-astronomie.fr/produit/calculs-astronomiques/

Regards

Eric