List of all stars and objects found in an image, with coordinates?

Dustin Lang

Apr 12, 2022, 10:18:48 AM4/12/22
to astrometry
I am posting this on behalf of Bruce Simonson:
--------------------------------

I am new to nova.astrometry.net, and am delighted at the success I’m having with it.

I’m wondering if it’s possible to obtain a list (table) of all stars and objects and their coordinates that were found in an image, upon successful processing?

Sorry, I would have posted this question directly to the appropriate Astrometry Google Group, but I can’t figure out to do this from my iphone. I can read messages posted there, but I can’t post to the group.

I hope this email makes it to the group. Thanks again for excellent software — and for your help — I am impressed.

Cheers,
-Bruce

Dustin Lang

Apr 12, 2022, 10:41:23 AM4/12/22
to astrometry
... And now I'll try to answer it :)

There is a way to get that information, but it's a bit roundabout, and maybe not the format you're looking for...

From a successful solve (eg, http://nova.astrometry.net/user_images/5802957), you need to find the "job id", which you can do by clicking the "(Submission 5669563)" link and finding the "Job 6370015:" text.  Then plug that Job id into a URL like this:

and it will give you a JSON format list of the stars and other stuff in your image.

cheers,
--dustin