Polynomial order in tweak ignored

Grant Privett

May 27, 2024, 8:21:23 AMMay 27
to astrometry
Hi there,

I'm solving some frames for ingestion by tycho-tracker - which requires a 3rd order polynomial. I set tweak in the instruction calling solve-field, but it appears to be ignored as the polynomial returned is always 2nd order.

I'm submitting:

solve-field /mnt/c/data/tempfiletempfile.fit --tag-all --overwrite --no-plots --crpix-center --cpulimit 30 --tweak-order 3 --downsample 2 --ra 177.499 --dec -0.728 --radius 0.378 --width 2734 --height 2184 --no-remove-lines --uniformize 0

and the response is always a 2nd order polynomial. The no-remove-lines and uniformize are to avoid Python usage. The RA/Dec are the coordinates of the image centre on the previous frame.

I'm kind of assuming its related to the number of stars used - too few and it does not fit - but I thought this was in the 30s-40s for the images in question.

Thoughts or comments very welcome.

Thanks