Inside Astrometry.net

Zero Pointer

Jun 24, 2024, 2:57:52 AMJun 24
to astrometry
Hello, Dustin!
I have a question about a *.fits file of database and struct MatchObj.
There is a field "refxy" in the struct MatchObj. The field "refxy" is storing positions (x,y) of reference stars at the screen (sp->best_match->refxy is a data, sp->best_match->nindex is a number of items).
There is a field, which stored (cataloge) No and visual Magnitude (NO and MAG) in the *.fits file of database.

How can I get visual Magnitude and No for reference stars at the screen?

Is I right at next affirmation: I should use sp->best_match->refstarid, then search (how?) at kdtree, next step is get index of interested star from database (NO, MAG) (how?), and get x,y, NO, MAG?

Thank You!

Dustin Lang

Jun 24, 2024, 9:14:40 AMJun 24
to Zero Pointer, astrometry
Hi,

I think if you add the "--tag-all" command-line argument to solve-field, then it will copy (tag-along) data from the index file into the RDLS (and CORR?) files.  If you're looking in the code, maybe look at onefield.c : grab_tagalong_data.

cheers,
dustin