inputing SIP coeficient

David Sanchez

Jan 24, 2023, 9:54:05 AM1/24/23
to astrometry
Dear all,

I have a small question. I have SIP coefficients for my setup and I would like to reuse them in the solving phase. Is there a way to input SIP coefficients so that the code do not refit them
thanks
david

Toni Šarić

Jan 26, 2023, 11:55:52 AM1/26/23
to astrometry
Hi. I have a similar problem.
As far as I know, you can run astrometry with the --predistort option and give it SIP coefficients (in shape of .wcs or .fits). The program should then undistort your stars' positions, and then you can proceed with normal solving. The problem, at least for me, is that I can't manage to make it work. I think that after predistorting star position, you should run astrometry with no-tweak-order since the image is already corrected, but astrometry gives an error once you tried it. If you try to run it with some tweak order, it will move index stars, and that is wrong. I would love to here from you if you managed to work it correctly.

Cheers

Dustin Lang

Jan 26, 2023, 12:16:28 PM1/26/23
to Toni Šarić, astrometry
You should grab the development version of the code from github -- I made a change to this somewhat recently,
so that with or without tweak it is supposed to do the right thing.  But this has not been tested extensively.

cheers,
dustin

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted