no makefile uninstall target in linux source code

Michael Hans

Sep 21, 2023, 3:23:08 PM9/21/23
to astrometry
I have not enough space on the linux box I started, how can I de- or uninstall the whole program, there is no target in the makefile

thanks

Dustin Lang

Sep 21, 2023, 3:37:34 PM9/21/23
to Michael Hans, astrometry
If you did
    make install
then it will install everything in /usr/local/astrometry
and you can delete it with
    rm -r /usr/local/astrometry

But, if you installed somewhere else via, say,
    make install INSTALL_DIR=/usr/local
then I am afraid there is no easy way to delete only the astrometry.net files.

--dustin

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 3:23 PM Michael Hans <michae...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have not enough space on the linux box I started, how can I de- or uninstall the whole program, there is no target in the makefile

thanks

Michael Hans

Sep 22, 2023, 2:17:45 AM9/22/23
to astrometry
I see, so no elegant way, but no problem if all files are in there

thank you