Difficulty with solving for xyls files

Aaron Lancaster

Mar 22, 2024, 11:57:43 AMMar 22
to astrometry
Hi group,

I've been having trouble using the solve-field command for xyls files. Right now, I'm just working with the example files. The solve is working fine for the jpg counterparts. Here's an example of the successful solve I get for apod4.jpg:

successful solve for JPG APOD4.png

and an example of the unsuccessful solve I get for apod4.xyls:

unsuccessful solve for XYLS APOD4.png

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
PS Sorry I posted something about this to my previous thread, but it wouldn't let me reply there

Cheers,
Aaron

Dustin Lang

Mar 22, 2024, 1:52:35 PMMar 22
to Aaron Lancaster, astrometry
Like the error message says, you must specify a positive width and height... you've got "--height -507"  (minus 507)

That apod4.xyls file actually already has the width and height specified in the header, so you don't need to set --width and --height yourself.

cheers,
dustin

Message has been deleted