Newbie needs help with reading results

Emmi

Jul 12, 2021, 7:39:31 AM7/12/21
to astrometry
Hello all,

I am using the Astrometry.net command-line code and I need some help with reading the output files. For my purpose I would need to get some coordinates out, preferably of specific stars if it's anyway possible. So in which output file should I look for such information?

Also if someone would like to briefly explain the purpose of such many different output files, it would be hugely appreciated, thank you! :)

Cheers,
Emmi

Dustin Lang

Jul 22, 2021, 9:43:57 AM7/22/21
to astrometry
Hi,

The output files are describe briefly here,

The rdls contains RA,Dec coordinates of reference stars in your image.
The indx.xyls file contains pixel coordinates of those stars.

cheers,
--dustin