Catalogue error?

Paul Leyland

May 26, 2021, 12:23:25 PM5/26/21
to astro...@googlegroups.com
I just solved a wide-field image of a part of Taurus and was surprised
to find tau Tauri labelled as Alcyone.

This with a local installation as supplied with Ubuntu 20.04.

Would someone like to check whether this is a global problem, please,
and fix it if it is.

Cheers,

    Paul

Dustin Lang

May 26, 2021, 3:14:49 PM5/26/21
to Paul Leyland, astrometry
Thanks for your note.

Could you try submitting the same image again and see if you get the correct result?  I just updated the named-stars list.

It seems to work correctly for my example image,

By the way, this also opens up the ability for others to build bright-star lists for other "sky cultures" (Stellarium's name).

cheers,
--dustin