Where is config located on Mac?

Pawel Kolano

Sep 23, 2022, 2:21:11 PM9/23/22
to astrometry
Hi,

Just installed it via Homebrew but I can't figure out where is the config file, since I want to have index files on other disk.

Also I downloaded all index file over a year ago, is there new files or some that need to be updated?

Thanks!

Dustin Lang

Sep 23, 2022, 2:30:57 PM9/23/22
to Pawel Kolano, astrometry
Hi,

It looks like Homebrew puts them in, eg,
/usr/local/Cellar/astrometry-net/0.88/etc/astrometry.cfg

(0.88 -> 0.91, probably)

None of the index file contents have changed, but, as mentioned on http://data.astrometry.net/, I now recommend the 4100-series (Tycho-2) for large-scale and 5200-series (Gaia-DR2) for smaller-scale images.

cheers,
dustin