Problem connecting

Bill Saidel

Mar 31, 2024, 10:41:05 AMMar 31
to astrometry
Am I the only one having problems reaching Astrometry.net or nova.astrometry.net?  The latter returned
     "Secure Connection Failed
     An error occurred during a connection to nova.astrometry.net. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR
     Error code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR"

I tried to connect with Firefox and Tor. Neither connected.

Dustin Lang

Apr 1, 2024, 10:01:40 AMApr 1
to Bill Saidel, astrometry
Yeah, it seemed to be up and down a lot yesterday - seems to have calmed down now though.

Jeremie Vaubaillon

Apr 26, 2024, 8:46:19 AMApr 26
to astrometry
Hello,
Today I'm submitting quite a lot of images (for tests purpose, part of an automated pipeline), and often get the error message:

Connection aborted. [...] Remote end closed connection without response

Is it related to any astrometry.net server, or is there a quota (or equivalent) preventing me from submitting tons of images?

thx for any insight on this matter :-)

Jeremie

Dustin Lang

Apr 26, 2024, 9:26:38 AMApr 26
to Jeremie Vaubaillon, astrometry
Ugh, the web-crawling robots have been an absolute nightmare lately.  Everyone is apparently trying to scrape the web for so-called AI training.

Today it's ByteDance.

Jeremie Vaubaillon

Apr 26, 2024, 9:36:33 AMApr 26
to astrometry
ha, good luck to you guys... Looks like it's more stable (for the past 20 min-ish...)

Dustin Lang

Apr 26, 2024, 9:59:39 AMApr 26
to Jeremie Vaubaillon, astrometry
Yeah, I changed the apache web server config so that TikTok's "AI" learns that all web sites do is swear at you.