Credit or citation for using astrometry.net through API

Li-Wei Hung

Apr 10, 2024, 11:04:49 PMApr 10
to astrometry
Hi Dustin or other astrometry.net people,

I am an astronomer with the US National Park Service. I am writing a paper on a new camera system we developed to image the night sky to quantify light pollution in national parks. As a part of the data processing, we used your web service through API.

How can I give you the proper credit in the paper that I am writing?

Thank you,
Li-Wei

David W Hogg

Apr 11, 2024, 7:03:43 AMApr 11
to Li-Wei Hung, David W Hogg, Dustin Lang, astrometry
Wow I’m so pleased! The primary citation for the project is this:

Please cite that! But if you also want to include this line in your acknowledgment, we wouldn’t object:

This project made use of the Astrometry.net system for automatic identification and calibration of astronomical images.

David W. Hogg — http://cosmo.nyu.edu/hogg/

Dustin Lang

Apr 11, 2024, 1:45:26 PMApr 11
to Li-Wei Hung, David W Hogg, David W Hogg, astrometry
Hi,
Here's the citation information:

If you are able to share a preprint when the paper is ready, we'd love to see it -- it's always great to see what people do with Astrometry.net!

Best wishes,
dustin

On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 12:16 PM Li-Wei Hung <liwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi David,

The link takes me to a google scholar search result with 1,740 papers. Do you want me to cite this search result or some specific papers?

I'll also include the statement in my acknowledgment :)

Thank you,
Li-Wei