Solve-field not working after upgrading to 0.92

Toni Šarić

Dec 20, 2022, 11:51:35 AM12/20/22
to astrometry
Hi, as the title says, after upgrading astrometry from 0.89 to 0.92, I can't manage to use solve-field. I am getting following error:
dyld[1765]: missing symbol called solve-field.c:519:run_engine engine failed. Command that failed was: /opt/miniconda3/envs/astrometry/bin/astrometry-engine --verbose --config /opt/miniconda3/envs/astrometry/etc/astrometry_single_index_file.cfg Solve4/1669432234.axy ioutils.c:558:run_command_get_outputs Command was killed by signal 6
I also attached output when running with verbose.
I tried to downgrade to 0.89, but the problem persists.

BR
Toni
Output_astrometry.txt

Dustin Lang

Dec 20, 2022, 12:03:17 PM12/20/22
to Toni Šarić, astrometry
Hi,

Are you familiar with the gdb debugger?  Would you be able to run the astrometry-engine command shown in your post in the debugger?  It looks like it's quitting with a SIBABRT due to "missing symbol called"... which is not much to go on!  If I knew which symbol, that might help.

If you're finding that this problem persists through a downgrade, then I would look very VERY carefully at your setup.  Are you sure you're not mixing versions?

cheers,
dustin

Toni Šarić

Dec 20, 2022, 12:40:00 PM12/20/22
to astrometry
What do you mean by mixing versions? I am running astrometry through conda environment.
As for gdb debugger, I have macbook M1 which still don't support gdb, so I can try some other debugger.

BR
Toni