Tiniest quibble - astrometry.net labeling

Alan Farmer

Apr 22, 2022, 2:19:36 PM4/22/22
to astrometry
See image https://nova.astrometry.net/annotated_full/6398571

NGC 4461 and NGC 4443 seem to be alternate names for the same object, middle-left in image. The labels appear overlaid on one another.

It seems like they ought to be side by side, as in "NGC 4406 / M 86" in the same image, lower right.

Just a thing I noticed! Carry on

Dustin Lang

Apr 25, 2022, 12:02:47 PM4/25/22
to Alan Farmer, astrometry
Ah yeah, apparently the OpenNGC catalog has a "Dup"licate flag that we were ignoring.  Fixed that, and I think your annotation looks correct now.
cheers,
--dustin

Alan Farmer

May 2, 2022, 9:22:52 AM5/2/22