Result of the submission

Alexey Vidmanov

Apr 2, 2023, 11:23:23 AM4/2/23
to astrometry

Hello, Couple weeks ago I got a result to my submission ( I was not a registered user at that moment yet) as in the attached file. I liked it as it showed constellation’s shapes in the familiar format. Yesterday I was trying to get similar result for a different submission but forgot the way how to do this. Could you help me with this? What is the right item in the menu to use for that?

IMG_6354.jpeg

Dustin Lang

Apr 2, 2023, 12:05:52 PM4/2/23
to Alexey Vidmanov, astrometry
"Annotated" image.  (The image scale determines which things get labeled.)

On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 11:23 AM Alexey Vidmanov <alex...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, Couple weeks ago I got a result to my submission ( I was not a registered user at that moment yet) as in the attached file. I liked it as it showed constellation’s shapes in the familiar format. Yesterday I was trying to get similar result for a different submission but forgot the way how to do this. Could you help me with this? What is the right item in the menu to use for that?

Message has been deleted

Dustin Lang

Apr 4, 2023, 9:07:48 AM4/4/23
to Alexey Vidmanov, astrometry
Hi,
Currently there's no way to do that on the web site.  With the downloadable code, you can use the plotann.py script to annotate the things you want.
cheers,
dustin

On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 7:56 AM Alexey Vidmanov <alex...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you! Is there any way I can alternate the scale as some of the resulting annotated images look very “busy” not allowing even distinguish the labels.
Thanks