astroquery: how to retrieve matched stars?

Jeremie Vaubaillon

Feb 7, 2023, 5:41:22 AM2/7/23
to astrometry
Hello,
I'm successfully using astrometry.net via astroquery.astrometry_net. However the solve_from_iamge or solve_from_source_list returns the wcs header only. What I also want (for photometry purpose) is the magnitude of the stars.

My question is to know if/how astroquery can do this please?

Note that, I did already develop a solution: what I've done so far is to use the center of the FOV and send a query to a star catalog (using astroquery.vizier) and then a catalog match (using astropy.coordinates.match_coordinates_sky).

However, my pb is that I'm working with VERY WIDE FOV images (~90 deg diagonal) AND low S/N (video caméra dedicated to meteor observations). So sometimes the number of matched stars (at ~2 pixels level, which is already really high...) is very low (like, less than 3...), preventing me from performing photometry fit.

Thanks for any tip :-)

Jeremie