Wide-angle images overlay

IToncek

Jan 5, 2023, 5:02:19 PM1/5/23
to astrometry
Hello,
I've just recently got Astrometry working and I had issues with wide-angle (>50° FOV) images. From browsing this forum, I've found, it's best to crop the image before using astrometry but now I'm wondering, if the info overlay (written to *-wcs.png file) could be extended to the uncropped part?

Thanks for answers, IToncek

Dustin Lang

Jan 10, 2023, 11:42:02 AM1/10/23
to astrometry
Hi,

There is currently not an easy way to do that, sorry!

This is on the wish-list, but no progress...

If you are using the downloadable code and running locally, there is a not-super-easy way to do it...
- edit the .wcs file, editing the CRPIX1 and CRPIX2 header cards, adding in the pixel coordinates of corner of the cropping
- use plotann.py to plot using that .wcs file

cheers,
dustin