Accessing new-image.fits and corr.fits files from API

Jessica McKenna

May 2, 2023, 3:26:18 AM5/2/23
to astrometry
Hi all,

Apologies for my newbie questions - I have searched the group for some similar questions but I haven't found a resolution.

I have written a script in python using Astrometry API to solve some images (AstrometryNet.solve_from_image). It works nicely, but I want to access the new-image.fits and the corr.fits files which are generated along with the solution and save them locally to a folder....however, I do not know how to access these files via API (as opposed to web version). Could anyone help me out?

Thanks a mill,

Jessica

Dustin Lang

May 2, 2023, 9:09:58 AM5/2/23
to Jessica McKenna, astrometry
Hi Jessica,

Assuming your images are publicly visible, what the client.py does is just forms the URL using the JOBID, like this,
and then fetches them using urllib.request.urlopen().  (You could also use the "requests" library.)

That is, there isn't a special API version of downloading those files because they're just regular file downloads.

cheers,
dustin