Astrometry uploads no longer working for me

blake mulder

May 28, 2024, 11:34:49 AMMay 28
to astrometry
I've been using Astrometry Uploads for a while now but as of yesterday the screen just sits there and says

Thanks for your submission! Please bear with us while we process it. Usually we will have results within 10 minutes.

This screen updates every 10 seconds but has been sitting there for hours.  Is the upload section not working?  I havnt changed anything my end?

Thankyou for any help

James Wetzel

May 28, 2024, 12:07:26 PMMay 28
to astrometry

I am working with a group called the www.macroconsortium.org, and we use the astrometry.net service to solve for wcs solutions as our robotic telescope acquires images.

The wcs solver failed to solve all last night, and continues not to be able to solve images today when manually attempting.

This might be related to this upload issue.

FYI and thanks for all you do!

James

Dustin Lang

May 28, 2024, 12:15:13 PMMay 28
to astrometry
Thanks for your messages.  I am currently in transit to Cerro Tololo and cannot ssh to the nova machine, so this might not get fixed until tomorrow.
Sorry for the trouble,
dustin

Dustin Lang

May 28, 2024, 9:24:12 PMMay 28
to astrometry
Okay, It should now be back online, and working through the backlog!
Thanks for your patience!
--dustin

Bruce Sobut

May 29, 2024, 8:19:53 AMMay 29
to astrometry

I can happily report that all of my submissions were solved when I checked around 0200 UTC.