How to get GAIA magnitudes with solves

David Strong

Jun 24, 2022, 2:20:49 PM6/24/22
to astrometry
Hello,

Does anyone know how to have the GAIA magnitude data written out to a file when an astrometric solution is found?

I get identical file outputs regardless of the index files I've used. All output files are the same using 4200, 5000, and 5200 indexes.

Is there a command line switch or something else I've missed?

Thanks!

David

Dustin Lang

Jun 28, 2022, 2:14:38 PM6/28/22
to astrometry
Hi,

What you want are the "heavy" version of the 5200-series index files.  These have the Gaia magnitudes tagged along.

cheers,
dustin

David Strong

Jun 29, 2022, 1:48:24 PM6/29/22
to astrometry
Hi Dustin,
I verified I am using the "heavy" version of the index files. Both the heavy and light versions produce the exact same output files. No changes in the FITS headers. Is there another flag I need to be using in the command line call?

I'm calling it from within a Python script using:

      subprocess.run(["solve-field","--downsample","2","--ra",str(RA_1),"--dec",str(DEC_1),"--radius","5","--overwrite", "--use-sextractor", FQPN], check=True)

Thanks,
David

Dustin Lang

Jun 29, 2022, 1:52:56 PM6/29/22
to David Strong, astrometry
Ahh, sorry, I forgot that you need to add to your solve-field command the "--tag-all" option.