Downtime

Dustin Lang

Sep 21, 2023, 8:54:22 AM9/21/23
to astrometry
Hi all,

As many of you have noticed, the nova.astrometry.net service is currently down.  This is because a disk filled up.  I have been promised more disk quota from the hosting service, but it hasn't come online yet.

I will post here when the service is back online.

Some statistics for your enjoyment.

In total we have 8.4 million submissions.

In August 2023:
- 205,000 submissions
- from 2,788 registered users
- 33,465 submissions from anonymous users
- 1.7 TB total submitted file size
- 8 MB average submitted file size
- 400 kB median submitted file size

cheers,
dustin

Jerome Yesavage

Sep 22, 2023, 5:12:22 PM9/22/23
to astrometry
Thanks, at least not me.  Thought I was stressing the system with some large images.

How to I login?  I used to have a login under probably my university e-mail.

Dustin Lang

Sep 22, 2023, 5:16:46 PM9/22/23
to Jerome Yesavage, astrometry
Hi,
Was that many years ago?  Around 2011 we switched to the current login system, where you have to use a third-party account provider (google / etc).
cheers,
dustin