nova.astrometry.net is down?

Ulf Granlund

May 21, 2022, 2:10:50 PM5/21/22
to astrometry
It would appear that the web service is down?
/Ulf

Rocco Sung

May 27, 2022, 7:28:22 AM5/27/22
to astrometry
It seems down, I got below error and also nova.astrometry.net is inaccessible

ErrorAstroBin could not plate-solve this image because it was not possible to establish a connection to nova.astrometry.net. Please try again later!

++++++++++++

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at nova.astrometry.net Port 443

Dustin Lang

May 28, 2022, 9:08:55 AM5/28/22
to astrometry
Hi,

Sorry for the trouble.  It looks like some loser is trying to do a DDOS attack.  I'm getting it under control...

cheers,
dustin

Michael Zuraw

Jun 1, 2022, 10:46:50 PM6/1/22
to astrometry
Is nova.astrometry.net still down?  I'm getting a 503 Service Unavailable error.  Who would want to take nova.astrometry.net down with a denial-of-service attack?

Dustin Lang

Jun 2, 2022, 7:25:48 AM6/2/22
to astrometry
It was up, but then was down overnight.  This is due to a different issue -- the DDOS attempt was quite feeble and I blocked it with some simple rules.

cheers,
dustin

Dustin Lang

Jun 2, 2022, 7:25:56 AM6/2/22