Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Mariana Rubet

não lida,
17 de jan. de 2022, 17:06:2317/01/2022
para astrometry
Hello,
How can I improve the performance of Astrometry installed on my notebook? Some images have the wcs a little out of adjustment.

In the attached image
Left: wcs set on my personal notebook
Right: wcs set on the Astrometry.net web platform

Thank you,
Mariana Rubet

wcs.png

Mariana Rubet

não lida,
18 de jan. de 2022, 06:14:4218/01/2022
para astrometry
Is this an index issue? Should I download more indexes?

Dustin Lang

não lida,
18 de jan. de 2022, 16:52:5118/01/2022
para Mariana Rubet, astrometry
Hi Mariana,

You can check which index file the web version used (from the results page: follow the "Submission #####" link to get to the submission status page, and look for a line like "Field 1: solved with index index-202-06.fits."  Mapping from the 200-series to the publicly available 5200-series is a bit messy :)

Another thing you can do is re-run solve-field, passing in the wcs file with the --verify argument.

I would check the "-indx.png" (red/green circles) plots.  You might find that the circles and well matched in one part of the image and then drift apart.  That might mean that the "tweak" (polynomial distortion) order has to be increased.

cheers,
--dustin

Responder a todos
Responder ao autor