Failed plate solving help

Steven Robinson Pictures

Nov 17, 2021, 8:13:29 AM11/17/21
to astrometry
Failed

After removing quad stars: no reference stars After removing quad stars: no reference stars After removing quad stars: no reference stars After removing quad stars: no reference stars After removing quad stars: no reference stars After removing quad stars: no reference stars After removing quad stars: no reference stars After removing quad stars: no reference stars After removing quad stars: no reference stars object 39 of 1000: 3207711 quads tried, 5721248 matched. CPU time limit reached! Field 1: tried 3207711 quads, matched 5721248 codes. Field 1 did not solve (index index-219.fits). Best odds encountered: 2.33541e+06 Spent 645.059 s user, 3.43262 s system, 648.492 s total, 651.528 s wall time. cx<=dx constraints: 0 meanx constraints: 15424251 RA,Dec constraints: 0 AB scale constraints: 0 Spent 651.528 seconds on this field.

Any way to get this to work. Milky Way mosaics are maybe a tall order. I can get single images to solve.

Steve

Steven Robinson Pictures

Nov 17, 2021, 8:23:40 AM11/17/21
to astrometry
I'm trying this with a setting set to 0. Forget which one, error or something.

Steven Robinson Pictures

Nov 17, 2021, 8:30:55 AM11/17/21
to astrometry
I put tweak to 0. Seems to be working, although not finished, looks like it may take away with such a wide field. Should I use 0 or 1? Also, can someone who me how to delete the failures can a button be added?

Steve

Steven Robinson Pictures

Nov 17, 2021, 8:37:36 AM11/17/21
to astrometry
One of them so far failed saying CPU time limit met. Seems like it was matching a lot of things, can someone assist.

Dustin Lang

Nov 17, 2021, 11:40:06 AM11/17/21
to Steven Robinson Pictures, astrometry
Hi,

I presume you're talking about an image you uploaded to the web service?  Could you please include a link to the submission?

Thanks,
--dustin