Objects in solution output files

Kshitij Duraphe

Mar 25, 2024, 12:24:27 PMMar 25
to astrometry
Does the output file contain a list of only detected stars or does it contain objects such as asteroids and planets too? As far as I can tell the output axy.fits file contains only output stars but I could be reading it incorrectly.

Dustin Lang

Mar 25, 2024, 12:27:38 PMMar 25
to Kshitij Duraphe, astrometry
Only stars.
For planets and asteroids, we would need to know the timestamp of your image (and have the ephemerides of the planets & asteroids).
cheers,
dustin