Solving error "Did not solve"

Moi Meme

Apr 30, 2024, 10:40:30 AMApr 30
to astrometry
Hi,
I'm trying to solve an image I took with a home made instrument ... and it ddn't succeed, with local installation nor the online nova server :-(.

How can I identify the reasons of the failure ? Do you have any idea ?

Chris
debugRawImage_001.undz.jpg

Dustin Lang

Apr 30, 2024, 11:19:40 AMApr 30
to Moi Meme, astrometry
Hi,

If you can send a link to your submission on the nova site, that makes it easier to investigate.

Normally we would need 10-20 stars to be able to identify an image, so that's probably the issue here.

cheers,
dustin

Moi Meme

Apr 30, 2024, 11:26:57 AMApr 30
to astrometry
The last link I tried (with several different parameters... on distortions for example...)

Aie... :-) I was expecting some results with only 5/6 stars ... But I'm not sure that any star reference has been found ...

Thinks for your help !
Chris