Apparent only way to add google tasks from mobile

Greg

Oct 31, 2011, 7:44:58 AM10/31/11
to Astrid Power Users
Is there any way to move an existing astrid tasks to the google tasks
list? It seems the google tasks sync is more of a one way (gtasks ->
android mobile) since the google tasks list doesn't show up when
adding tasks on the mobile from anywhere but manually going in to the
google tasks list and adding from there?

Greg

Austin Wheeler

Nov 29, 2011, 2:27:15 AM11/29/11
to astrid...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying to do this as well but have had no luck.  My goal: Share a google task list.  I thought that Astrid task lists would directly sync with google task lists (rather than staying separate as they currently are).  Fixing this problem would fix my problem, because right now you can only share individual tasks from google task lists synced into astrid OR you can share a full astrid task list between users (but this cant then be synced to google).  I don't see why they cant just combine them into one type of task list -> thereby fixing both of our problems.

Other programs tried (with no luck for sharing Google Task Lists)
- Gtasks - not possible
- Any.do - similar functionality to Astrid
- Taskos - similar functionality to Astrid
Toodledo:  Sharing costs $14.95/year
- Remember the Milk: Sharing costs $25/year
- Wunderlist - not possible yet (though supposedly coming & will be free)

If Astrid got this feature it would definitely set it apart from the market.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

arne.jans

Dec 7, 2011, 4:10:12 AM12/7/11
to Astrid Power Users
Hi,

at this time, GoogleTask-lists and Astrid-lists are two separate
things as you noticed.
The workaround would be to assign an Astrid-listlabel to the tasks you
want to share from your Google Tasks list.

We are aware that some users want to combine several syncing-services
and are planning to improve the experience.

Arne Jans