Prefix field in Space object

andrea.st...@acus.eu

Mar 30, 2020, 9:50:36 AM3/30/20
to Assembla API Development
A new field has been added to the Space object, called "prefix", that is still undocumented.

Will the change be permanent? What is the use of that field?

Also, is there a way to be notified of API changes beforehand, instead of discovering it from my API client reporting an error?

Thank you.

Stanislav Kolotinskiy

Mar 30, 2020, 10:27:39 AM3/30/20
to andrea.st...@acus.eu, Assembla API Development
Hi Andrea,

which error is your API client reporting? We’re going to update the documentation ASAP

Regards,
Stanislav

andrea.st...@acus.eu

Mar 30, 2020, 10:30:59 AM3/30/20
to Assembla API Development
The JSON itself is fine, I just programmed my client so that it needs to know about all the fields, which honestly was a lack of foresight on my part.
I'll fix that for the future.
The field is going to be a string, right?

On Mar 30, 2020, at 16:50, andrea.s...@acus.eu wrote:

A new field has been added to the Space object, called "prefix", that is still undocumented.

Will the change be permanent? What is the use of that field?

Also, is there a way to be notified of API changes beforehand, instead of discovering it from my API client reporting an error?

Thank you.

Stanislav Kolotinskiy

Mar 30, 2020, 10:36:24 AM3/30/20
to andrea.st...@acus.eu, Assembla API Development
Yeah, this is going to be a string. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
Stanislav

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/assembla-api-dev/6d7b90a8-147a-4471-b8e3-6fa58bc5615d%40googlegroups.com.