Retrieving ticket checklist items

Daniel Pfeiffer

Dec 29, 2020, 1:35:40 PM12/29/20
to Assembla API Development
The new "ToDo Checklist" feature (https://blog.assembla.com/manage-your-smaller-tasks-using-tickets-todo-checklist) doesn't seem to be accessible via the API.

Is it possible to retrieve checklist items on a ticket via the API?

Nicolas Peric

Jan 6, 2021, 6:27:51 PM1/6/21
to Assembla API Development
Hi,
Haven't used the checklist feature but it states it adds the content to the description of the ticket. You can retrieve the ticket information and validate if the description data has the todo list you need.

Did you try that already?

Regards

Nicolas Peric

Jan 6, 2021, 6:33:53 PM1/6/21
to Assembla API Development

Just tested it and the checklist is not included on the description : (

The API Reference doesn't mention ticket checklists at all so it's probably they haven't added an API for it

Daniel Pfeiffer

Jan 6, 2021, 7:22:14 PM1/6/21
to Nicolas Peric, Assembla API Development
Yep—I checked, but description is just a string (the value that was entered above the checklist).

Marcin Ksiazkiewicz

Jan 7, 2021, 8:10:39 AM1/7/21
to Daniel Pfeiffer, Nicolas Peric, Assembla API Development
Hi guys

Marcin from Assembla here.

The ToDo list content is not included in the description text and there is no API to fetch it either yet.
We're playing to add it soon within the API update patch but I can't give you an exact date now.

If there is anything else you would like to suggest, or you have a problem with please let me know.

Best regards
Marcin

Marcin Książkiewicz

Product Lead