Out of Curiosity

Ben Liyanage

Jun 14, 2010, 11:19:22 AM6/14/10
to aspnetcontroladapters
Hey,

Out of curiosity, why was this project created separately, instead of
being added the the CSS Friendly adapter?

Brian DeMarzo

Jun 14, 2010, 1:32:17 PM6/14/10
to aspnetcont...@googlegroups.com
It's an entirely different approach to the same problem. I didn't want
the code from an experiment to mess with the current cssfriendly code
that has a fair degree of use in the wild.

- b

Benjamin Liyanage

Jun 14, 2010, 2:13:06 PM6/14/10
to aspnetcont...@googlegroups.com
I suppose.  I would love it if i could include the CSSFriendly dlls and get a list friendly radio control.  Though maybe the correct way to implement that would be to create an unorderedList layout... though they seem to have done that in .net 4.  Maybe implementing a DLL that makes that available for older versions would make more sense?

Ben Liyanage
b...@perfectresolution.com
410.336.2464

Brian DeMarzo

Jun 16, 2010, 9:38:19 AM6/16/10
to aspnetcont...@googlegroups.com
If .net 4 has improved CSS making the adapters irrelevant, I would highly suggest that. :)

Have you tried the RadioButtonList control in this project? If so, how well did it work for you?

 - b

Benjamin Liyanage

Jun 16, 2010, 9:51:44 AM6/16/10
to aspnetcont...@googlegroups.com
It's working fine.  The only hitch I saw was that there was no /App_Browser/*.browser file that came with the distribution so it would not work out.  Someone posted a comment on the documentation page with a similar comment.  I included a response w/ a sample .browser file there.

I'm using it in combination with umbraco, which is not quite ready for 3.5, let alone 4 yet, so I am looking for alternatives.  I'm also trying to keep the bloat of 3rd party dll's in my app down though.  That said, having radio button lists as an unordered list is great.

Ben Liyanage
b...@perfectresolution.com
410.336.2464

Brian DeMarzo

Jun 16, 2010, 10:02:44 AM6/16/10
to aspnetcont...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback -- you're the first person who confirmed the use of the AspNetControlAdapters in the wild. :)

If given a choice, what are the other controls which are most important to be rendered differently?

 - b

Benjamin Liyanage

Jun 16, 2010, 10:36:23 AM6/16/10
to aspnetcont...@googlegroups.com
I've used the CSS friendly adapter for everything else.  I think it was mostly the asp:login control, and some of the form/detail controls.

Ben Liyanage
b...@perfectresolution.com
410.336.2464