Downloads?

peteski

Feb 16, 2009, 9:27:26 AM2/16/09
to aspnetcontroladapters
Where are the downloads for this 'new' project? I can't see anything
in the download section..

The old downloads on the codeplex site don't seem to work correctly
(not sure if its a compatibilty issue with ASP.NET 3.5 SP1).

I kind of hoped that .net would have a really nice way of doing this
by now, but it seems a little bit old skool, bells and whistles -
JS .. it just doesn't need all that.

Any help appreciated.
Pete

peteski

Feb 16, 2009, 10:26:55 AM2/16/09
to aspnetcontroladapters
*EDIT*

I've found some source .. maybe thats a start!

Brian DeMarzo

Feb 16, 2009, 10:55:11 AM2/16/09
to aspnetcontroladapters
The source (what is there so far) is all there is. Though it's a good
start, it's far from complete, and I haven't had much time to work on
it.

Hopefully others will try and contribute to this effort, though the
need is probably diminishing thanks to things like ASP.Net MVC. IMO,
you're better off retooling a site for MVC rather than retooling
WebForms to work "better"...

- b

peteski

Mar 30, 2009, 7:15:54 AM3/30/09
to aspnetcontroladapters
Hey,

I was wondering, why would people not use controls such as the menu
and sitemap with MVC? Surely the views that are created still have a
need for them? Or have I just missed the point?

Pete

Brian DeMarzo

Mar 30, 2009, 7:52:44 AM3/30/09
to aspnetcont...@googlegroups.com
Web controls are not compatible with MVC. They are entirely different architecturally.

peteski

Mar 30, 2009, 9:27:35 AM3/30/09
to aspnetcontroladapters
Oh oki cool! :) thanks for the reply.. I've been meaning to get into
MVC so this is the reason...

This autofac IoC looks cool, so thinking of having a orgy of N2 CMS,
AutoFac vs MVC!

Cheers
Pete