Request on channel /meta/handshake failed on IIS7

geocine

Mar 9, 2011, 9:14:06 AM3/9/11
to aspComet
I have successfully run the chat sample on IIS7

However I receive this error, what seems to be the problem

# System: Request on channel /meta/handshake failed: No message
# System: Handshake complete. Successful? false

Neil Mosafi

Mar 11, 2011, 9:24:03 PM3/11/11
to aspc...@googlegroups.com
Hmm is any exception being thrown on the server?
You can set a breakpoint in MetaHandshakeHandler to see what's going on.
Also check in the browser's developer tools to see what the request and response are?

Come back with some more info and I'll try and help to fix it.

Thanks
Neil

kdavie

Apr 14, 2011, 8:05:19 PM4/14/11
to aspComet
My guess is that you were mapping your handlers to <system.web> in the
web.config which was causing a 404. IIS 7 requires you map your
handlers to <system.webServer> instead.