Use Prototype in the Console, jQuery in code

schliden

Sep 27, 2010, 12:26:19 AM9/27/10
to asp-ajaxed
Hi,

I have ajaxed working with jQuery, using happyjakes replacement
ajaxed.js.

The console itself, however relies heavily on prototype.

Rather than convert the console code, I think it would make sense too
load prototype.js on the console pages and jquery elsewhere.

Can anyone thing of a more elegant way than this hack I have made to
ajaxedPage.asp:

'if loadPrototypeJS then loadJSFile(lib.path("prototypejs/
prototype.js"))
if loadPrototypeJS then
if Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME") = "/ajaxed/console/
Default.asp" then
loadJSFile(lib.path("prototypejs/prototype.js"))
loadJSFile(lib.path("class_ajaxedPage/ajaxed_prototype.js"))
else
loadJSFile("http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.2.6/
jquery.min.js") ' load jquery from google CDN.
loadJSFile(lib.path("class_ajaxedPage/ajaxed_jquery.js"))
end if
end if

Thanks

Sean

Dai bok

Oct 2, 2010, 6:43:11 AM10/2/10
to asp-ajaxed
hi schlinden,

good to see you got that working wit jquery.

I have one question, why are you using an old version of jquery?