Ajax form validation

pzh20

Sep 15, 2009, 6:49:45 AM9/15/09
to asp-ajaxed
I wrote a complex form validation routine using JScript on the client
site, and ASP/VBScript on the server side. I have been looking into
the use of Ajax and the ONBlur event to validate the fields on a form.

After doing extensive searches etc I can't seems to find many examples
of people doing this on a field by field basis and was wondering what
people thought of this approach. Is it just too resource hungry? Any
other reasons why this approach shouldn't be used?

Regards
Pete

Michal Gabrukiewicz

Sep 18, 2009, 9:41:11 AM9/18/09
to asp-a...@googlegroups.com
hi pete,

using onblur for that should be fine .. i dont think it is to resource
hungry .. make it, see how it performs .. if it has some issues =>
tune it .. if not then great!!

let us know how you solved it. good luck
michal
Sent from Khlong Toei Nuea, Bangkok, Thailand