jQuery compatible version

Damien MATHIEU

Nov 29, 2013, 11:53:25 AM11/29/13
to asp-a...@googlegroups.com
A  jQuery compatible version is online : http://ajaxed.agestis.com/ajaxed/demo/default-jquery.asp

Is there still people interested with it ?

artjc

Nov 29, 2013, 6:02:24 PM11/29/13
to asp-a...@googlegroups.com
Me parece bien Damien

It seems to me well Damien, let's see what others say. Thanks for your input.

artjc :-)

Dai bok

Nov 29, 2013, 6:18:03 PM11/29/13
to asp-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

I don't use this much, but I think it is a very good idea to keep the system up to date. New Jquery is a good idea, just make sure all the test pass! ;-)

Peter Harrison

Nov 30, 2013, 2:33:32 PM11/30/13
to asp-a...@googlegroups.com
Very definitely. Thanks so much for all your work.

Pete

Mark Bussell Jr

Dec 1, 2013, 8:38:07 PM12/1/13
to asp-a...@googlegroups.com
I did get your other message, and I do like what you've done. There were two other forks in that direction before I started working with the project as well.

It's got me thinking though, that maybe the better course would be to consolidate the core asp-ajaxed functions into it's own compact stand-alone library such that people can use whatever they want - no ties to anything else. There are far too many libraries out there to try integrating/branching for everyone's preference. The JavaScript end of things was always a little outside my skill set, think you could work it more in that direction?

ItHurtsWhenIThink

Dec 1, 2013, 11:36:10 PM12/1/13
to asp-a...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there is interest here.
Message has been deleted

Damien MATHIEU

Dec 2, 2013, 6:38:20 AM12/2/13
to asp-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Le samedi 30 novembre 2013 00:18:03 UTC+1, Dai bok a écrit :
...  New Jquery is a good idea, just make sure all the test pass! ;-)

Well, all console's tests haven't be modified. They still work with prototype (for callback functions).
Only a jQuery demo page was rewrite with jQuery selectors in callback functions.

Damien

Damien MATHIEU

Dec 2, 2013, 7:28:53 AM12/2/13
to asp-a...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

Le lundi 2 décembre 2013 02:38:07 UTC+1, Mark Bussell Jr a écrit :
It's got me thinking though, that maybe the better course would be to consolidate the core asp-ajaxed functions into it's own compact stand-alone library such that people can use whatever they want - no ties to anything else. There are far too many libraries out there to try integrating/branching for everyone's preference

That's the good way !
Asp-Ajaxed need it's own stand-alone ajax library to perform callback actions.

The needed :
  • Raw javascript ajax function (in the ajaxed namespace ?)
  • maybe a Raw Json parser (if not supported by the browser itself - Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox 3.1+, Safari 4+, Chrome 3+, and Opera 10.5+ support native JSON parsing)
  • replace all prototype or jQuery selectors by native equivalent in javascript.

But wait ... What about the "AJAXED_LOADPROTOTYPEJS" configuration variable and the ability to load other scripts automatically ??

Le lundi 2 décembre 2013 02:38:07 UTC+1, Mark Bussell Jr a écrit :
The JavaScript end of things was always a little outside my skill set, think you could work it more in that direction?

Yes. I'll try to get myself time to do it. ;)