e-HPVC Rule Questions

Caitlyn Barlow

Sep 9, 2022, 3:40:05 PM9/9/22
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
Just a few questions regarding the new rules.

Do the head and tail lights have to be connected to the 10 amp battery? Can we have pre-charged lights not connected to the allowed battery? This is mainly in regards to the low light endurance challenge, as my team is concerned about the recharging of the battery (under the venue specific challenges). In previous years, an additional battery was allowed for headlights/taillights/rearview camera. Is this still in play?

Concerning drivers, do all members who register to drive have to drive in the competition? Is it possible to have alternate drivers, in the case of injury, sickness, etc?

Thanks,
Caitlyn

Nathan Taylor

Oct 11, 2022, 9:47:50 AM10/11/22
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
  1. Do the head and tail lights have to be connected to the 10 amp battery?
    1. No
  1. Can we have pre-charged lights not connected to the allowed battery?
    1. Yes
  1. In previous years, an additional battery was allowed for headlights/taillights/rearview camera. Is this still in play?
    1. Yes as long as it isn't providing power to the drivetrain
  1. Concerning drivers, do all members who register to drive have to drive in the competition? Is it possible to have alternate drivers, in the case of injury, sickness, etc?
    1. They don't all have to drive but all drivers must be registered and part of your team

Nathan Taylor

Oct 11, 2022, 9:48:17 AM10/11/22
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
I don't know why that formatting got so messed up

Caitlyn Barlow

Oct 11, 2022, 11:06:10 AM10/11/22
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
Nathan,

Thanks for the clarification! The format is showing properly on my phone, but it is weird on desktop for some reason.

Thanks,
Caitlyn