HPVC Men & Women's Speed Race

Caitlyn Barlow

Aug 24, 2022, 2:36:30 PM8/24/22
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
Good afternoon! While looking at older rulebooks, we saw that there was a Men’s and Women’s Speed Event. Can we compete in both? Or do we need to choose one?

Thanks,
Caitlyn Barlow
Lamar University

Ankur Singh

Aug 25, 2022, 11:31:57 AM8/25/22
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
Hi Caitlyn,
A team needs to participate in all of the events (Deign event, men's speed event, women's speed event, and endurance event).
Each event has it's own scoring, which in turn is required to calculate the overall team scoring.

If however, there is a case where a team does not have riders of both genders, they can skip the particular event, and they will not be scored for that particular event.

Ankur Singh

Caitlyn Barlow

Aug 25, 2022, 12:22:36 PM8/25/22
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
Ankur,

Thank you so much! We were hoping to be able to compete in all events, so that's perfect!

Do you happen to know when the 2022-23 Rules and Locations are going to be posted?

Many Thanks,
Caitlyn Barlow

Ankur Singh

Aug 25, 2022, 11:05:07 PM8/25/22
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
I am not sure about the event details as of now, but they'll be posted on the link below

Caitlyn Barlow

Aug 26, 2022, 3:43:42 PM8/26/22
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
Thank you so much!