[SJSU ASME] Looking For Some HPVC Resources

Tyler Erwin

Sep 2, 2022, 4:38:29 PM9/2/22
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
Hi everyone,

My name is Tyler Erwin and I'm the head of the HPVC team for San Jose State University. I was hoping some of the more veteran teams with experience could maybe share some resources in regards to two key components of the HPVC: the electric drive system and the fairing.

It's very hard to find resources on how to build an electric assist system that can start with 0 charge, so I was hoping maybe a team that has developed this system could share some of the resources they found or some tips!

Similarly with the fairing, we wanted to look into Carbon Fiber manufacturing  that system, so if anyone has some experience on the manufacturing process especially with regards to molding and cutting it would be greatly appreciated!

Also if anyone from San Diego State in particular could provide some insight it would be great because by the looks of the 2017 ASME HPVC competition we may be using a similar material.

(If anyone has more interest or it's their first year manufacturing in person this Youtube video has been a good resource! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ9LXnH9tuU)

Nathan Taylor

Oct 11, 2022, 9:44:36 AM10/11/22
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge