Battery Capacity Limit

Sanaullah Ansari

Nov 26, 2021, 12:53:40 PM11/26/21
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
Hello ASME, I had a doubt regarding the limit of battery we are allowed to use in our cycle. In rule book it is mentioned that the battery should be a low voltage DC limited to "less than 48V"
My doubt is  that we need to compulsorily use a battery of less than 48V or a 48V battery is also acceptable?

Hoping to hear from your side soon. Thank you.

ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge

Nov 28, 2021, 10:21:42 AM11/28/21
to ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge
48V is ok. This is also nominal voltage so if you buy a "48V lithium ebike battery" it is generally 13S*4.2V Peak = 54V. This is also ok, but this is the limit.