New to ELAN?

Julie A. Hochgesang

Mar 17, 2020, 12:27:49 PM3/17/20
to ASL Annotation
Download ELAN here

I created an ELAN guide (with signed language annotators in mind) a while ago along with to-do videos. The ELAN version I used is outdated but most of the basic information is the same. See info here.

If you want to use an ELAN template with the ASL Signbank already linked, use this (but if you have a specific project template, use yours!)

Any questions about how to get started with ELAN. Please post them here. You can also share your experiences here as well. Also the ELAN forum is awesome.

Julie A. Hochgesang

Feb 9, 2021, 5:36:43 PM2/9/21
to ASL Annotation
"See info here" lead to a Dropbox Showcase but that feature is no longer supported by Dropbox 😭 so please visit this instead -

http://bit.ly/ELANjah

Eric

Jan 27, 2022, 11:20:24 PM1/27/22
to ASL Annotation
Hello,

I would like to know how to force an annotation for a lexical item that is not yet in the Signbank. I use the Signbank controlled vocabulary, and I tried pressing COMMAND + ENTER to force a new entry on the tier, but to no avail. I looked all over the documentation and couldn't find the steps for forcing an annotation. Please let me know the best way to do this.

Thank you,
Eric

Julie A. Hochgesang

Jan 28, 2022, 10:51:39 AM1/28/22
to ASL Annotation
Hello Eric!

See this message in another thread here in our group - https://groups.google.com/g/asl-annotation/c/EWCN4V573DQ/m/K9qqqd5UAAAJ

Also, you can create the annotation on another tier that doesn't use any CVs then hold down option while dragging it to the tier you want.

- Julie