Resolving Video Display Issue for Signbank Lexicon Service

Eric

Jan 25, 2022, 3:05:54 PM1/25/22
to ASL Annotation
Hello everybody,

I'm posting this message for the benefit of anyone who is connecting with the Signbank lexicon service for the very first time. You may notice an issue where the video being displayed (for the Signbank entries) is not correctly shown in ELAN -- see link for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APpirkTcTtA.

The solution to this problem is to go to Edit --> Preference --> Edit Preferences -> Platform/OS, and then tick "VLC Player Library."

I look forward to getting started on the annotations!

Warmly,
Eric

Donovan H. Catt

Jan 25, 2022, 3:53:23 PM1/25/22
to Eric, ASL Annotation
Hi Eric,

Thanks for sharing that tip! I was wondering which version of ELAN you are using. In the (recent) past, I have noticed with version 6.2 that the "VLC Player Library" option was not available, but it was for versions 6.0 (what I'm still using) and maybe 6.1. And so I was wondering if 6.2 was updated to include that feature if you happen to be using that.

Thanks!
Donovan

Eric

Jan 25, 2022, 3:58:01 PM1/25/22
to ASL Annotation

Hello,

Yes, I'm using ELAN version 6.2. I forgot to include that information in my previous message.

Eric

Donovan H. Catt

Jan 25, 2022, 3:59:35 PM1/25/22
to Eric, ASL Annotation
Ok, great. And no problem, was just curious to see if it was worth updating at this time. Thanks!