counter coloring for askbot

Evgeny

Apr 3, 2010, 9:00:17 PM4/3/10
to askbot
Hello,

if anyone is reading this - check out counters coloring I've just
added it uses six base colors for each counter and interpolates the
color based on the counter value.

Cheers,
Evgeny

Adolfo Fitoria

Apr 3, 2010, 11:57:24 PM4/3/10
to ask...@googlegroups.com
2010/4/3 Evgeny <evgeny...@gmail.com>:
> --

Nice one! It looks amazing http://imagebin.ca/view/aqWs3L5M.html I
have commited some missing files from OSQA in the askbot repo, is this
correct?

--
Adolfo Fitoria
http://fitoria.net

Evgeny

Apr 4, 2010, 1:05:32 AM4/4/10
to askbot
Hey, thanks! You can tweak the numbers for each
type of counter at which colors max out and change the colors as well.

What I'd like to redo soon - the main question listing view,
find a way to merge views "index", "questions" and "search" into one
-
because they are redundant and would be more powerful combined.

As for the files from OSQA - I've taken quite an old version on
purpose - because
the branch I took from osqa had some modifications that I've made -
API-like functions to apply edits to questions and answers and fixed
some issues.
those functions were handy for creating the stackexchange import.
from this point on OSQA and Askbot will diverge.

We should definitely have on-screen site configuration like osqa has
where admins could access as many settings as possible and reduce
the number of settings that must go into .py file.

my todo shortlist is: set up the "todo list" :) - a.k.a roadmap and
add closure development environment
hopefully tomorrow.

Cheers.

Evgeny.