[Copyright & A2K Issues] 21 February 2012

Denise Nicholson

Feb 23, 2012, 10:53:03 AM2/23/12
to asia-c...@googlegroups.com

FYI,
Regards
Denise
(For information about this Service, to access the Archive, or to subscribe/unsubscribe, please see: http://www.africanlii.org .This is a free Information Service, for sharing information, not an interactive listserv, so if you have any queries, suggestions or feedback, please do not email to the listserv - please email me directly at Denise.N...@wits.ac.za. You can also send feedback to servic...@wits.ac.za)

Copyright & A2K Issues - 21 February 2012

Hi Everyone,

This is a new software platform for my information service so it may appear differently on your screen. Please let me know what you think of the new format and if you have any other comments or suggestions via Denise.N...@wits.ac.za

Thanks for feedback on the hyperlinks. They are now red. Please let me know if you have any other problems or suggestions so we can address them soon.

Regards

Denise

Intellectual Property:

South Africa’s Intellectual Property Policy: process for public consultation?

http://www.fixthepatentlaws.org/?p=116

Open Letter to the Dept. of Trade & Industry

http://www.fixthepatentlaws.org/?p=118

IP Summit for Africa

http://www.fixthepatentlaws.org/?p=110

Digital Publisher Claims Right to Children’s Book

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/digital-publisher-claims-childrens-book-022115281.html

Europe's ACTA Freak Out: How Hollywood Holds Back the Trade Agenda

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/harold-feld/europes-acta-freak-out-ho_b_1284198.html

Issues Relating to Persons with Sensory Disabilities:

Canada’s bid to join TPP threatens access for blind, print disabled

http://infojustice.org/archives/8255

Traditional Knowledge:

IFLA Journal’s Editor’s Choice on Indigenous Knowledge papers

http://ifl.sagepub.com/cgi/collection/indigenousknowledge

Oriental medicine could be commodified under new agreement

http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_international/520059.html

Open Access, A2K & Scholarly Communication

Work and Family Commons

http://workfamily.sas.upenn.edu/content/wfc

Will open access replace costly commercial publishing models?

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/technology/article2910344.ece

Conference Alerts:

The Memory of the World in the Digital Age: Digitization and Preservation

26 to 28 September 2012 - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

http://bit.ly/xszs6u

Denise Nicholson (Mrs)

Copyright Services Librarian,

University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg

The Library, Private Bag X1, WITS, 2050, South Africa

Tel. No. + 27 11717-1929 : Fax No. + 27 11717-1946

Email Fax: 0865533134 -

http://www.wits.ac.za/library

My LibGuides:

http://libguides.wits.ac.za/Wits_Copyright_Guidelines

[...]