Who knows how to create a Facebook group?

1 view

JWH

Feb 13, 2010, 6:15:37 PM2/13/10
to Asheville's Google fiber network initiative
We can get fans and publicize through that network and get everyone to
go and nomitate Asheville? I am not familiar with the process.
jwh

Shannon Chenoweth

Feb 13, 2010, 8:01:34 PM2/13/10
to ashevilles-google-fib...@googlegroups.com
It's easy. I can do it if everyone wants a group on fb.

Shannon

JWH

Feb 13, 2010, 8:38:18 PM2/13/10
to Asheville's Google fiber network initiative
Thanks Shannon, please do so. FaceBook is becoming ubiquitous so it
will be easy to get a viral movement happening. Once you create it,
can you make sure the link to the Google page to nominate Asheville is
permanently on the home page - maybe in the box under the group's
name? I can't remember what they call that but we want everyone to be
able to see the link easily. You probably know exactly how to do this.

If we can vote ourselves "Beer City" over Portland we ought to be able
to get the broadband thing instead of Seattle!!

Thanks again for doing this.

> > jwh- Hide quoted text -

Shannon Chenoweth

Feb 13, 2010, 8:39:50 PM2/13/10
to ashevilles-google-fib...@googlegroups.com
OK cool. I'll get it going tonight and toss the link up.

Shannon

JWH

Feb 13, 2010, 8:43:21 PM2/13/10
to Asheville's Google fiber network initiative
I just saw that there are 7 FaceBook groups out there already for the
following. Buffalo only has 351 members. I think we can
compete.........

Buffalo NY
Sunnyvale CA
Louisville KY
Morgantown WV
Rochester NY
Nantucket MA
Fox Cities WI

jwh

Shannon Chenoweth

Feb 13, 2010, 8:54:55 PM2/13/10
to ashevilles-google-fib...@googlegroups.com

Sam Harrelson

Feb 13, 2010, 9:01:09 PM2/13/10
to ashevilles-google-fib...@googlegroups.com
Looks great, but we probably need to change the description away from the "We" language that Google is using into something like:

"Google is planning to build..."

Sam

Shannon Chenoweth

Feb 13, 2010, 9:08:36 PM2/13/10