[Odd Obsession] Jfro's Best of 2012 Mix

ash966

Jan 31, 2013, 11:21:50 PM1/31/13
to ash966b...@googlegroups.com

Somebody asked me to make my best music of 2012 list, but since I've been going crazy with the 8tracks lately, I decided to share the aural version for the benefit of everyone who hasn't gotten a mix CD from me, or anyone who wonders what I leave out (answer: usually metal).

This year I actually bought enough new stuff to make a full mix. It was an especially diverse year with old faves (Guided by Voices, The Wedding Present, The Hives), metal of both the stoner (The Sword, Jess & the Ancient Ones) and trad (Grand Magus, Acrassicauda) variety, shoegaze*(A Place to Bury Strangers, Flavor Crystals, Chatham Rise), lo-fi (Vivian Girls, Dum Dum Girls), Brit-pop (The Vaccines), hip-hop (Rye Rye, M.I.A.), and industrial (Nekronet). As such, you will probably hate some of it.

Track list:

Grand Magus: "Valhalla Rising"
Acrassicauda: "Garden of Stones"
The Sword: "Apocryphon"
Torche: "Kiss Me Dudely:
Unsane: "Rat"
Tar: "Hell's Bells
The Hives: "Wait a Minute"
Guided by Voices: "The Unsinkable Fats Domino"
The Wedding Present "You Jane"
The Vaccines: "I Always Knew"
Vivian Girls: "Dance (If You Wanna)"
A.R, Kane: "When You're Sad (Long Version)"
A Place to Bury Strangers: "Burning Plastic"
Chatham Rise: In Skies (Summer Gravity Mix)"
Flavor Crystals: "Mirror Chop"
Dum Dum Girls: "Take Good Care of My Baby"
Austra: "Spellwork"
Mares of Thrace: "The Gallwasp"
Royal Thunder: "Blue"
Spiders: "Fraction"
Jess & the Ancient Ones: "Prayer for Death and Fire"
M.I.A: "Bad Girls"
Rye Rye: "Boom Boom"
Nekronet: "Bloodlust"
College: "A Real Hero (Feat, Electric Youth)"
PSY: "Gangnam Style"

 *I refuse to use the term "nugaze" just because something was released after 2009. That's ridiculous.

PS. I wanted to put "212" by Azealia Banks on there, but the track is so foul I was afraid of being banned from 8tracks. Is there even a "radio edit" of this song? It would be like watching Pulp Fiction on network TV. Anyway, here it is, super NSFW (Seriously, don't listen to this at work. I'm warning you.)

--
Posted By ash966 to Odd Obsession at 1/31/2013 10:21:00 PM