[Odd Obsession] TOP TEN LIPSYNCH FOR YOUR LIFE SONGS FOR A DRAG KING EQUIVALENT OF RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE

ash966

May 31, 2014, 11:50:06 AM5/31/14
to ash966b...@googlegroups.com

 The Advocate has suggested that the greatest (i.e. only good) reality show ever, Rupaul's Drag Race, have a drag king contestant.  That's fine, but it would be much more entertaining to have a whole drag king competition. One of the best parts of Drag Race is seeing all the different types of queens compete: beauty queens, funny queens, conceptual queens, androgynous queens, scary queens, singing and dancing queens.

 I want to see punk kings, gangsta rap kings, cock-rocking metal kings, panty-dropping R & B kings, country kings, baggy-pants burlesque comic kings, and of course, Elvis.

I picked out some songs that make me think of different aspects of masculinity:  swaggering men, heartbroken men, lustful men, romantic men, philosophical men, and suicidally depressed men (interesting fact: I can think of dozens of songs by men about suicide, but only one female one: "Gloomy Sunday". What's up with that?)

  1. "That's Life" - Frank Sinatra
  2. "Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
  3. "Stand Tall" - Burton Cummings
  4. "Stroke" - Billy Squire
  5.  "Fade To Black"  - Metallica
  6.  "Love Is the Drug" - Roxy Music
  7.  "Take Me to the River" - Al Green
  8.  "Can't Help Falling in Love" -Elvis Presley
  9. . "My Prerogative" - Bobby Brown
  10.  "When Doves Fly" -Prince

--
Posted By ash966 to Odd Obsession at 5/31/2014 10:50:00 AM