TDD for Ash-based project

vladislav oleynick

Dec 4, 2012, 8:42:39 AM12/4/12
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks, hi Richard!

I'm wondering if anyone is using TDD (maybe BDD) for Ash-based projects? What is your usual workflow in that case? The only fact that Ash framework is being developed with TDD makes the framework much more confident, thanks Richard. But my question is exactly about is this technique appropriate for developing applications, e. g. games.

Richard

Dec 4, 2012, 10:20:30 AM12/4/12
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
When I TDD (not all projects, I'm afraid to say) I TDD the systems - inject a node list, call the update with a set period, check the node list is correct after the update. Alternatively, create an engine, add an entity to the engine with the correct components, add the system, call update on the engine, check the entity is correct after the single update cycle.

vladislav oleynick

Dec 4, 2012, 5:33:55 PM12/4/12
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Richard thank you!
Could you point out tdd frameworks you are used to working with? AsUnint, hamcrest - that's it? Or some mockolate or something.

Richard

Dec 5, 2012, 3:48:21 AM12/5/12
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
I just use ASUnit and Hamcrest. There is a NodeListMatcher for Hamcrest in the Ash tests which can be useful.
Richard

vladislav oleynick

Dec 5, 2012, 4:04:44 AM12/5/12
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Richard thank you a lot

Neil Manuell

Dec 5, 2012, 3:33:00 PM12/5/12
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
i'm using mockolate to isolate deps from the game