Adding "invallidation" to Ash.

Damion Murray

Feb 16, 2015, 10:23:40 AM2/16/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
I often have components whose properties do not change for several iterations of the update loop. Systems that process those components end up performing unnecessary calculations. My current work-around is to add a boolean property called "invalidate" to track when other properties on the component have changed. Systems then check the invalidate flag to determine whether to process the component or not.

I wonder if it would make more sense to refactor the ash framework itself to make component invalidation intrinsic to the framework. Any thoughts?